Wednesday, May 30, 2012

And so it goes...

The hiring has come and gone in the school district(s) I'd be able to teach in.  Interviews/job openings for paraprofessionals haven't happened yet, but every actual "teacher" position has been filled. And, Oh well, I say.  I've been substituting in every corner of the schools, from Para to after-school program to office aide to classroom to the Thunderdome "contained behavior classroom."

Tomorrow is a subbing day for a 4th grade class that I've been in once before.  One of the boys came up to me after school today and said "You're subbing in our class tomorrow, right?" "Yep!" I said.  "Oh good," he says, "I like when you're our sub. It's fun." ... Has me a bit scared.  I'm almost wondering if I shouldn't just start with the ibuprofen NOW, and save myself the headache later.  Sometimes, 4th graders are scary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment